Our team was formed 3 years ago as part of a digital transformation. Our mission was to create world-class experiences for our customers, generate value for our employer, and seek out new business models. We believe whole-heartedly in this idea. We were tasked with disrupting from the outside - to radically improve the digital customer experience and the systems that power it.
We are now being absorbed into one of our organization's silos. This move is being billed as the next step in the transformation, when in fact it's a complete reversal of the transformation; the IT-mindset has prevailed in our case. This will be the end of our team.
We spent a lot of time and energy building this team - attracting talent, honing our processes, and continually improving. We have worked hard to build up our team culture; it's very valuable to us. We share a common mindset, we have a great passion for the products we build and for the people who use them.
The skills and roles on our team cover the whole spectrum of product development from discovery through optimization. Our tribes consist of expert-level team members in design, software engineering, data science, and analytics.
In the last three years, we have released 8 digital products, defined new brands and refreshed existing ones, and served over 3 million users.
We don't want to see our efforts go to waste - we have worked really hard to make this team productive, and we would prefer to remain together. This is the reason we're looking for a new home.
Could it Be You?
We are seeking an organization who truly wants to turn towards the new. An organization who understands that the future is, despite all the hype and buzz, a digital future. We want to be part of that digital future. We want to be given a defined mission, and we want to achieve it - to create great experiences, and create a greater connection between you and your customers. We want to help you win, whatever winning might mean to your organization.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- We're industry agnostic. We are open to any industry, really, as long as it doesn’t hurt our planet or scam people. We've got a variety of backgrounds (we work B2C primarily, but can think B2B or B2E as well) and industry knowledge on our team, and we are professional learners who embrace the beginner's mindset.
- A great culture. By this we mean a culture where we can continue to be open, transparent, and continuously improve without fear. We don’t want to be in a position of hiding facts, exaggerating, and so forth. We want inclusivity, and we want to be respected and trusted. All the rest can be negotiated.
- We want to stay in Hamburg. Many of us have families here. We love it here. We’re ok working remotely, but many of us are not in a position to pick up and move. Occasional travel is fine. As a bonus, we are well connected in the digital community here.
- We work agile. We suspect this goes without saying, but just in case. Individuals and interactions over processes and tools, working software over comprehensive documentation, customer collaboration over contract negotiation, and responding to change over following a plan.
- We want to do great things. We want to have a real impact, not just do little optimizations — we love building new things, iterating, and building something up. Moving buttons from left to right is a part of the game, but we’d prefer not to have that be our life.
- We are user-centered, and want to stay that way.
We want to be judged by our customers and users, first and foremost. This means that we do what we do for them, which is the path to value for you.
- We want KPIs and clear measures of success.
We love to be measured! Missions defined, missions fulfilled — that’s how we tick.